Eyelash Extensions London Kensington
- Keep lashes dry in the first 24 hours after application in order for the adhesive to cure properly, so take an umbrella, if it looks likely to rain and have a quick wash, rather than a shower. After 24 hours you are free to swim, shower and wash your face with water.
- It is recommended for lasting retention of your extensions that you do not wear mascara or liquid/creamy pencil eyeliner. Avoid using waterproof mascara completely (use water-based only if absolutely necessary) as this will dissolve the lash bonds.
If eyeliner is used, we recommend felt-tip, marker type eyeliner or powder-based wetted eyeliner.
- Avoid hot water, or steam, like sauna, steam baths, or hot water on the face for 48 hours. After that, the odd steam should be fine, but repeated/prolonged exposure to high heat and steam will weaken the lash bond and cause extensions to fall off early or lose their curl. (You can also wear swimming goggles in hot showers!)
- If at any point after application of the eyelash extensions, you experience itching, pain, swelling or discomfort, please call me ASAP for advice and do not attempt to remove them yourself.
- If using eye makeup on your lids, choose the oil-free type and gently remove with an oil-free makeup remover. Powder-based and mineral makeup is advised over gel/cream or oily liquid based makeup.
- It is recommended to wash your Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions with “Lash shampoo” which you can easily make at home using one part baby shampoo, four parts distilled water and 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda mixed in a foam pump bottle.
Alternatively, specially formulated antibacterial eyelash shampoo is available for purchase in the salon.
- Try not to pull, rub, or fiddle with your Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions, as they will fall out before they need to and you run the risk of prematurely pulling out your own lashes with the extensions. They will grow back, but fiddling will lead to sparse lashes (not a good look!).
- Do not perm your lashes or use eyelash curlers.
- Take extra care with oils and creams (oil is the arch-enemy of the eyelash bonding glue). Make sure you use these carefully and sparingly around the eye area, avoiding the lids and eyelashes completely.
- It is a good idea to wear a sweat-band when you exercise, so that the sweat does not mix with the oils from your skin and travel down towards your eyes, affecting the adhesive bond.
- If you can, avoid sleeping on your face, or with your lashes pressed into the pillow, as they will last longer!
- In the hot weather, avoid suntan cream sprays, as droplets can end up on your eyes. Always apply sun tan creams very sparingly above the eye area, as the cream can mix with sweat and slide downwards to weaken your extensions.
- Regularly brush through your lashes gently with a mascara wand daily to keep them separated and tidy.